The NMA is working to develop the best practices for the mascot world!
The mascots have a whole cadre of people attached to the success of the mascot characters including:
- fans & product enthusiasts
- branding, marketing and community relations people
- sports docs
- mascot trainers
- insurance advisors
- muscle conditioning & physical therapists
- athletic directors, game ops and fan experience people
- cheer squads
- mascot makers and mascot designers
- product suppliers – you have to know where to get the fur, fuzz and foam
We help create the standards by which all mascot performers will conduct and protect themselves.
Our focus is making sure that all mascots are built safely, securely, and with the ultimate in flexibility and movement!
Why form the NMA?
Because there are a heck of a lot of mascots, mascot performers, schools that employ mascot performers, mascot makers, companies that utilize mascots in advertising and branding, and materials suppliers that make mascot costumes safe and comfortable—and it’s hard to find all of those things—that’s why!
Now, there is one place—the NMA—where mascot performers can gather to:
- Connect with other performers, other school reps, other marketing pros
- Work on performance skits
- Get mascot training
- Find gigs
- Obtain/understand safety guidelines – and standard safety practices,
- Get insurance
- Find props
- Get performer certification…
…In short, a Mascot Industry Super Web Directory!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
We Want to Share Mascot Knowledge:
We know that mascots like to go out and about and mix it up in the Big, Furry, Fuzzy, Soft, Fun Wide World.
That’s where mascot marketing comes in:
Today’s mascot needs:
- A backstory – where did the mascot come from and why is it here?
- A money-making program
- ROL – Return on Loyalty for the program
- Mascot designers and mascot making companies who will make great-looking mascots
with important safety features integrated into the design.
- Events for the mascot inside and outside of their own venues.
- Certified mascot performers
Mascot costume makers will get advice on:
- Safety standards in the mascot making shop
- Safety standard for mascot costumes
- Mascot trends
Who We Are
We have been around the Furternity of mascots for quite some time.
We live and breathe the Fuzz.
Carlos Sosa, Vice President (www.thesosagroup.com) – Ideaphoriac, strategic planner, graphic & web know-it-all
Nick Carpenter, Outreach Director – a corporate trainer/consultant focused on workplace culture and professional mascot for over 10 years.
We have a cadre of advisors; sports medicine docs, sport orgs, legal savants, visioneers, designers, game ops folks, cheerleaders, event planners & sports marketing profs, props providers, suppliers, marketing peeps a bunch of mascot people.
We believe, given the chance, mascots will bring world peace.
Let’s connect to see what we can do for each other.